Become Greek for the Weekend
2021 Charleston Greek Drive-Through on October 8-10
Dear Greek Festival Attendees,
With the support of the City of Charleston, our Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Christian Church board and our Greek festival committee has chosen to offer a food drive-thru on October 8-10 as opposed to our large-scale Greek festival. As we continue to closely follow COVID-related guidance from local, state, and national experts, we believe a scaled-down event will still allow us to share our delicious food and vibrant culture while also prioritizing the health and safety of our parishioners and the local community.
We understand this may be frustrating to some of our faithful attendees and is the correct thing to do according to others. We understand that being a staple event in Charleston for half of a century, we have a responsibility to ensure we protect all of our patrons, volunteers, and vendors. We will refund all tickets that have been purchased online to date and we look forward to seeing you for our full festival on Mother’s Day weekend in May of 2022. We will release new details shortly for the menu and options to enjoy delicious food and to support our community via our drive-through.
Sti zoe (stee zoh-ee)!
The Greek Festival Steering Committee
Make a Difference When You Visit The Charleston Greek Festival
10% of all proceeds from the event go back to charity
Enjoy Greek food and support your Greek Community by joining us for a Greek Drive-Through on October 8-10, in place of our traditional festival due to COVID-19.
MENU AND PRICING DRIVE-THROUGH ONLY
OCTOBER 8-10, 2021
- Greek Chicken Dinner – 1/4 chicken (leg and thigh) served with Greek potatoes, Greek-style green beans, and pita wedges $12.00
- Greek Chicken Dinner – 1/4 chicken (breast and wing) served with Greek potatoes, Greek-style green beans, and pita wedges $12.00
- Pastichio Dinner – Layers of macaroni, sauteed ground beef, cheese, and bechamel sauce, served with Greek-style green beans and pita wedges $12.00
- Gyro Dinner – Lamb/beef gyro on grilled pita bread with onions, tomatoes, and tzatziki served with Greek potatoes $12.00
- Spanakopita – Spinach and feta cheese baked with layers of buttered filo dough $7.00
- Greek Salad – Side tossed salad with feta, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and Greek dressing $5.00
- Tzatziki with Pita – Appetizer portion of tzatziki dip with pita wedges $5.00
- Variety Box – 2 baklava, 1 kataifi, 2 kourambiedes, 2 finikia $16.00
- Baklava Box -6 pieces, Layered filo with chopped nuts and cinnamon baked until golden brown and covered with syrup. $16.00
- Kourambiedes Box – 6 pieces, A delicate butter cookie covered with powdered sugar $12.00
- Finikia Box – 6 pieces, A spiced cookie dipped in syrup and rolled in a mixture of walnuts and cinnamon. $12.00
EXPERIENCE GREEK HISTORY IN CHARLESTON
The Greek Orthodox Church of the Holy Trinity is a masterpiece that was inspired by Byzantine art and architecture from the Western Hemisphere. The church brings life and culture to the people of Charleston. Step inside history at this beautiful church
We know downtown traffic and parking can be a hassle sometimes. We’ve hosted this event 49 times already and we have free parking and a shuttle to help you park with ease and enjoy the fun with us.
2021-2022 MAJOR SPONSORS
The Charleston Greek Festival brings Greek culture and history to the Lowcountry. Visitors experience the music, dancing, food, clothing, and history of Greece through this annual event. Our sponsors and volunteers are an important part of our team, helping to bring these enriching experiences to Charleston. Give back to the community as a festival sponsor or donor and help Greek heritage thrive in Charleston and beyond!
Greek Orthodox Church
of the Holy Trinity
30 Race Street,
Charleston, SC 29403